Seriously. To quote every comedian ever, what's up with that? There is a ton of information about me floating around the internet. So much that it gets uncomfortable to think about too much. And my Facebook profile specifically just lists facts and favorites like there's no tomorrow. I'm even Facebook married to my best friend. A woman. Facebook thinks I'm gay married. And yet. The ads I get are all about "tea party conservatives," and taking back our taxes from Obama, who may or may not be a terrorist/alien/non-citizen. And how universal healthcare/socialized healthcare is bad. I'm Canadian! I love socialized everything. And also, there are tons of appeals, begging me to help ban gay marriage. Because I clearly want to ban gay marriage!! Why the fuck would I want to ban gay marriage, Facebook? For all you know, I'm actually gay married.
In addition, it appears that I desperately need to know what my baby with a celebrity/my crush would look like. I am also engaged, pregnant, married, a parent, and a college student, all of which render me eligible for a green card, laptop, or scholarship. Despite the complicated nature of my life, I still find time to be interested in meeting other gay, Indian, black, geeky, Jewish, and overweight singles.
This is not to say that sometimes Facebook ads aren't helpful. But how many times can I get directed to
ModCloth before I bookmark it?
Facebook is REALLY convinced that I have a small child. I get lots of ads for diaper bags and cute-baby-photo-contest websites.
ReplyDelete